Description du poste
If you have a valid driver’s license and enjoy working alone as much as you enjoy working in teams, we would like to meet you! We are currently looking for a DZ driver to be part of our clients’ team of professionals. Our client provides ground freight delivery throughout the GTA. They are committed to providing superior service to their customers. Their dependability and constant attention to detail sets them apart from the competition.
Your tasks as a DZ Driver:
- Operate a 20’ – 26′ straight truck, making short-haul deliveries of air freight within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Current routes have minimal drives downtown
- Provide excellent customer service
- Load and unload cargo goods as required
- Hand bombing is sometimes required; however, the majority of freight is large skidded airfreight whereby the drivers would load and unload using a pump truck or the pickup location’s staff would load with their forklift
- Plan optimized travel routes using knowledge of GTA and GPS
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher over 2-way radio
- Exhibit highest level of professionalism in all client interactions while providing outstanding customer service
- Perform thorough parcel inspection upon cargo pick up
- Accurately perform daily pre-trip, en route and post-trip vehicle inspection reports, complete driver logbook, incident reports, etc.
- Oversee ongoing condition of vehicle and monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness
- Airport, air freight and ocean freight experience, Dangerous Goods knowledge and dispatching experience are considered an asset
- Use a tailgate for ground level deliveries and other equipment as required.
- Other related duties as required
Requirements for the DZ driver position:
- Valid Driver’s License – DZ Licence (or equivalent) with a minimum 2 years of experience driving larger, 20’-26’ trucks
- Minimum 5 years general driving experience (car or truck)
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing skills and legible handwriting required
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, positive, “can-do” attitude, superior customer service skills
- Knowledge of Mississauga area, west GTA and general GTA
- Criminal background / Police Check
- Clean driver’s abstract and CVOR
- Must observe safe driving practices, have a professional business-oriented attitude and act cool under pressure
- Must be physically able to perform job duties and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (occasional hand bombing required)
- High School Diploma
- Able to use a pump truck, dolly and tailgate for deliveries as required
- Steel-toed safety boots, clean/good condition black pants and neon vest
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!
Information du contact
Qualified candidates please contact Krutika at (905) 361 – 3987 ext. 109 for immediate consideration