Description du poste
Are you looking for an employer that really values their employees? Do you enjoy mentoring drivers? If so, we are searching for a Driver Supervisor to join our team.
• Responsible for the management, supervision, and orientation of the Driver Services department at the Montreal terminal. This includes all Montreal and Quebec based company drivers and owner-operators, the duties of the terminal driver trainer. Responsible to monitor and manage performance through company policies, government regulations, check rides, trip reports, spot checks, job descriptions and performance appraisals (on occasions).
• Administer disciplinary action according to company policy up to termination. Communicate with the Senior Operations Manager regarding repeated offenders. Maintain all driver files with appropriate documentation.
• Administer the C.N.E.S.S.T. (Workers Compensation)
• Communicate with Senior Operations Manager regarding levels of staff. Ensure company driver hiring process is followed.
• Interview and screen prospective drivers and brokers with the assistance of Driver Trainer recruitment team.
• Plan and conduct driver meetings according to yearly safety plan as set by Corporate Safety and Compliance and company Driver Trainers. Attend yearly planning meetings.
• Audit drivers pay calculations when required. Monitor hours of service regulations on a continual basis.
• Audit driver reports for speed, tampering, driver violations etc.
• Responsible for the administration and performance of the Montreal/Quebec City DriveCam program • Responsible to investigate any equipment accidents as it relates to the yard shunters and drivers.
• Organize road tests, pre-employment drug tests, orientation and in cab training.
• Responsible for the in-class orientation for new drivers through the driver trainer responsibilities as per company policies and procedures. Follow-up with drivers regarding progress.
• All other duties as required.
• Three (3) years of experience as Driver Supervisor in the transport industry and or, minimum (5) five years of experience as a driver (local or long distance).
• Candidate will have a valid Class 1 license and very good understanding of transportation laws both in Canada and USA.
• Strong geographical knowledge of Montreal and surroundings.
• Excellent people skills while dealing with drivers on a regular basis.
• Ensure smooth flow of communication, directions, and paper flow.
• Good keyboard skills, accuracy, knowledge of shipping documents, organizational skills.
• Computer literate (AS400, Microsoft Office, Truckmate).
• Resourceful and capable of multi-tasking.
• Bilingual (written, spoken).