Description du poste
Are you looking for an employer that really values their employees? If so, we are searching for a Dock Lead Hand to join our team.
• Work in co-operation with dispatch and supervisory staff at all times to communicate how many outbound loads there will be each night.
• Responsible for all aspects of the loading procedures for the straight truck line-up to specific locations. Set up the floor so orders can be found quickly and accurately.
• Read and understand the freight bills and to match it with actual product according to the manifest. Ensure truck is loaded according to legal weights and space allotted for product.
• Responsible for the loading of specific loads. May be assigned certain area of loading.
• Ensure proper loading of truck to avoid damages, freezing or thawing. Ensure proper lifting procedures are followed by staff.
• Supervise work crew and their job functions in the absence of dock supervisory staff.
• Responsible to be aware of safety on the dock and inform appropriate personnel of equipment in need of repair. Communicated to management when required.
• Responsible to fill in for other lead hands
Positive attitude with proven people skills. Ability to be fair but firm with staff on shift.
• Honest, and trustworthy with excellent listening skills.
• Excellent communication skills, verbally and written. Ability to provide praise and give constructive criticism to staff.
• Strong desire for continuous positive change.
• Quality decision making skills, ability to use good judgment.
• Ability to remain calm in demanding times.
• Time management skills
• Have an understanding of routing, O.S. & D, and dock and yard procedures as well as paper flow.
• Ability to cover other shifts in the dock.