Description du poste
Are you looking for an employer that really values their employees? Do you enjoy mentoring drivers? If so, we are searching for a Dock Foreman to join our team.
• Responsible for monitoring all operational systems (inventory and transportation) at the terminal.
• Ensure that policies and procedures of HACCP regulations are being completed and followed. Following up when necessary.
• Schedule and arrange employees according to volumes. Validate any change of work schedule with the Dock Supervisor.
• Responsible for inventory control / pallet and product movement i.e., manual, computer and auditing processes. Assure follow-up in the computer system. Use the racking system and help in the set-up.
• Verify temperatures on all loads/reefers that are pulled from or to the docking station.
• Ensure shipping documents are completed by the Dock Staff and Dispatchers.
• Ensure and verify all Truck/LTL/Trailers weight limitations restrictions.
• Ensure that forklift checks are done at the beginning of the shift, review, and lock-out any unsafe equipment.
• Ensure that shift reports and yard checks are completed and e-mailed at the end of the shift.
• Trace product for customers when required.
• Stage orders on dock to meet shipping deadlines.
• Load appropriate freight onto delivery trucks or trailers and shrink wrap and block secure pallets when required. Ensure that appropriate bills are with skid.
• Complete paperwork on orders and respond to emails. • Contact service provider for building or equipment maintenance. Advise Supervisor of any issues or problems.
• Train new employees when required.
• Three (3) years of experience equivalent to the job description or in the transport/warehouse industry preferred.
• Experience in management of personnel, attention to detail and a team player.
• Positive attitude, dependable, on time for work, and respectful with clients or co-workers.
• Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
• Good understanding of safe work practices and ability to safely operate dock equipment.
• Ability to use a forklift (Sit-Down electric, Stand-up Reach) a plus.
• Knowledge of AS400, Truckmate and Abicus.
• Ability to lift freight and other objects up to 50 lbs.