Description du poste
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity as a Cost Accountant? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team, a company that offers stability and makes every employee their priority? If yes, then this opportunity may be for you! Apply immediately as our client is searching for a Cost Accountant to join their team.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA is Plus
· Minimum of three (3) years with a multi-product manufacturing standard product costing system
· Advanced MS Excel skills are required
· In-depth knowledge of computerized MRP systems and integrated accounting packages
· Knowledge of QAD 2008 is a plus
· Strong organizational skills
· Analytical tools
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
· Design and implement data tracking methods to determine actual costs
· Establish and review standard costs for all inventory items
· Determination of appropriate overhead application
· Member of ISO internal audit team
· Co-ordinate cycle counts and results to improve the accuracy of perpetual inventory
· Co-ordinate annual physical inventory count.
· Analyze variances and discrepancies for various accounts, including revenue and cost of sales
· Prepare monthly working papers and reports as required
· Design and creation of management reports
· Special project assignments for the general improvement of accounting processes
· Assist with annual audit requirements
· Prepare transfer pricing documentation annually for management review
· Reconcile perpetual inventory balances and resolve any variances as they progress through the facility ensuring the proper accounting treatment of inventory through the manufacturing process.
· Assist in the annual planning process for variable and fixed costs as well as the department expense budgets.
· Work with staff to understand cost variances and work toward driving total cost down.
· Partner with operations to analyze, track and report cost-saving initiatives
· Perform periodic evaluations of labour and overhead rates
· Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and develop a system to bridge estimated costs to actual costs.
· Update Standard costing
· Provide costing info for any projects or quotes
· Provide management with reports comparing areas affecting pricing and profitability of products
· Maintain BOMs and pricing
· Record cost information and submit ideas on controlling cost expenditures
· Analyzing changes in product design including materials, labour and machine requirements to determine effects on costs
· Provides manufacturing with financial information and advice to improve plant performance.
· Evaluates, records, and reports plant labour, including direct labour, indirect labour, and all variances to inform plant management of financial performance.
Don’t miss this opportunity, Apply now!
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration.