Description du poste
Are you known for your expertise in the field and your analytical skills? Are you an outstanding communicator? Are you familiar with manufacturing industry and continuous improvement (Lean) processes? We are currently looking for a continuous improvement engineer for a company in Ville Saint-Laurent.
The CI engineer is responsible for identifying, developing, managing, and executing continuous improvement strategies in manufacturing as well as other functions across the organization. The incumbent is also responsible for leading the training, education, and mentoring and facilitation activities for these initiatives/programs. This person will focus on work process improvement as well as machine automation and optimization improvement and translating improvements to day to day operators within the manufacturing plant.
· Work collaboratively with the R&D Director to spread Lean Thinking throughout the manufacturing process through a combination of understanding various manufacturing machines and work processes, training, supporting, and discussing process improvement initiatives.
· Ensure the systematic roll-out of operational improvement initiatives, supporting the divisional effort to build on the existing processes and working with operational leaders and cross functional teams to initiate and deliver new improvement initiatives
· Actively coach cross-functional manufacturing teams in the application of Lean, Six Sigma, other process improvement, process design, project and change management best practices. These include but are not limited to Process and Value Stream maps, Standard Work and Task Concepts, Cause Effect Diagrams and 5 Y’s.
· Provide project status updates, feedback and appropriate reporting on selected projects
· Train and coach Process Owners and technical Teams in the use of process improvement tools and LEAN methodology to ensure timely completion of projects with expected internal and external customer results
· Identify and share internal and external best practices across multiple sites
- 1-5 years hands-on experience in a process improvement, continuous improvement, Project Management role within manufacturing environments.
- Experience in Operational/Project Leadership, Process Improvement and Change Leadership.
- Experience in the plastic industry
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading a transformational activity within a Manufacturing Operations environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering: Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering.
- Training or Certification in PMP, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma, Manufacturing systems and Control (i.e. Kanban, Process Control; Control Plan) Problem Solving DOE; Variation reduction; etc.), are desirable but not a must.
- Proven Leadership of successful implementation and application of Lean Manufacturing (TPS or similar), Operational; Excellence, and Variation Reduction ( Statistical Tools; Six Sigma Methodology).
- Affiliation with CI/ Lean/Quality/ Engineering organizations (AME,ASQ,SME, Shingo etc.) considered an asset.
- Comfortable working within a manufacturing plant environment as well as in an office environment, strong computer skills
Skill and Abilities
· Sound working knowledge of analytical problem-solving techniques
· Strategic and creative thinker who is exceptionally adept with quantitative analysis
· Results-driven achiever who can grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly
· Energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills at all levels
· Experience working within and leading cross-functional teams