Description du poste
Our client is a Toronto-based investment and capital management firm that manages private assets across a variety of sectors both domestically and overseas. In addition, the company provides wealth management & other advisory services for institutional clients.
Currently, the company is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join a small team in its Toronto office, who can provide strategic financial insight and direction for all ongoing business operations. The CFO will be reporting directly to the CEO and will be responsible for overseeing financial and internal controls regarding all cross-border investments & private assets managed overseas, as well as other special projects upon request.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Someone who is a self-starter looking to bring his/her career to the next level and must be motivated to work independently under some level of pressure
- Someone with CA designation must be extremely familiar with both GAAP and IFRS reporting standards
- 7-8 years experience as CFO or VP, Finance or Director
- Working experience in the Asset Based Lending sector would be an asset
- Oversea experience, particularly in Europe or dealing with businesses in Europe, would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills to present financial results/ asset performance to stakeholders both internally and externally
- Highly organized with excellent time management & being able to prioritize tasks.
- A strong problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent relationship management skills
- Manage all accounting, budgeting, forecasting, finance, and cash management activities
- Maintain a system of controls over all treasury, payroll and bank transactions
- Ensure a strong controls environment and fiscal health of the company’s business through the management and enhancement of accounting systems and controls
- Provide financial oversight and reporting in support of any foreign investment initiative or asset management activity overseas on an ongoing basis
- Execute timely reporting, tax filings and audited financial statement issuance to ensure regulatory compliance and optimization of US, Canadian, and other jurisdictional tax outcomes
- Present financial results/asset performance to both internal management and external investors
- Work closely with senior management in developing and implementing business plans, budgets, forecasts, and strategic plans
- Ad hoc special projects upon request