Description du poste
Our client is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, our client, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Our client is currently looking to hire a Business Director to join their dynamic organization.
The Business Director is responsible for the safe and strategic profitability of the operations through the management of the budgets, company resources and both new and existing clients in Canada.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the strategic profitability of the operations
- Develop and execute strategic plan and tactical plans to maximize profitability and growth of the region and business.
Work with the Regional and Project Managers to accomplish projects’ objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and result measurements. Allocate resources, review progress and make mid-course corrections when necessary.
- Provide overall strategic and operational direction to Regional and Project Managers within assigned area.
- Work with other FS Infrastructure Executives to improve efficiencies and information exchanges across the business.
- Assist with the development of new leverage and business opportunities.
- Identify and implement programs that reduce/contain costs, maximize revenue, manage cash flow, increase EBITDA, improve quality and increase productivity.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic business plans.
- Comply with company risk management, quality assurance and health, safety and environment management systems, including statutory obligations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Managing the Company Resources – People and Equipment
- Manage and support Regional and Project Managers, ensuring that they meet the performance targets, specification requirements and the client’s satisfaction against operations and financial targets. Design and implement measures to improve performance. Control and oversee the optimum utilization of all project personnel and equipment resources and maintain adherence to company policies for the purchase of equipment, material and services.
- Coach the Regional and Project Managers on developing operational, financial, and safety plans.
- Ensure appropriate HSE management systems are developed and implemented including risk, environment, workplace health and safety and incidents and emergencies management consistently across regional operations.
- Provide leadership and direction by exemplifying company values and ensure the values are incorporated into the development, management and performance of the region.
- Work with the Regional and Project Managers to establish the scope of various programs and/or projects, addressing all aspects including but not limited to business requirements, performance specifications, planning, cost, interdependencies, safety and resources.
- Work with Corporate and Project Managers to identify resources to be appointed based on clearly documented scopes of work as approved from both the client and management.
- Effectively communicate company operating philosophy objectives and expectations to Regional and Project Managers in a continuing effort to develop and meet key performance indicators.
- Communicate values, strategies, and objectives to assigned team. Assign accountabilities, then plan, monitor, and appraise job results.
- Oversee the selection, assignment, training, development and retention of talent within the region
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership/management experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executives, staff and clients
- Strong understanding of the applicable safety risks and measures for the work being performed.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, technical procedures and contracts.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively negotiate contracts.
- Ability to effectively network with current and potential clients to increase inorganic and organic growth opportunities by selling the Company’s value proposition.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to multitask, use resources effectively and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced working knowledge MS Office Suite
- Ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with 3 years of industry management experience required. Construction and/or Operations & Maintenance Management experience a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record (Required)
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment under normal office conditions.
- Requires frequent travel across United States and Canada.
- May also be in the field environment navigating pavement bridges, slopes and ditches (uneven surfaces) as well as climbing onto equipment, on and around bridges or other type facilities.
- You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job. As a supervisor, you are required to lead by example, encourage co-workers and supervised employees to correctly use PPE, and follow proper safety rules of conduct. When necessary, take appropriate corrective actions, including the initiation of disciplinary action to enforce the use and observance of PPE and safety rules within your area of supervised responsibility.
Great Opportunity, Apply Now!
Qualified candidates please send resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration.