Description du poste
Boom DZ Truck Driver – Woodbridge
Toronto and the GTA has changed – getting in & out of, and around, the city is a challenge with more traffic and congestion but there is still increasing construction, buildings going up and development that needs servicing.
Responsible for daily delivery of material to customers and or branch locations as require
Main Functions include:
· Executes the delivery to the customers according to the delivery route order as determined by the Supervisor and or Router / Shipper.
· Assists in the loading and unloading of trucks.
· Responsible for ensuring product in truck is loaded in a safe manner prior to vehicle movement; the inspections and the maintenance of the truck, performing circle check of truck on a daily basis and notify supervisor of any problem.
· Executes customer and or supplier pick ups for return merchandise according to established procedures ensuring proper documents are used and obtaining signatures where necessary.
· Complete all the necessary delivery documents according to the establish procedures, controls data for certain reports and remits them to his immediate supervisor (delivery run sheets etc.).
· Must follow safe driving practices and follow all Ministry of Transportation regulations. Perform and Maintain an Hours of Service log book as required by Provincial Legislation
· Responsible for carrying proper documentation in truck at all times as required by Provincial Legislation
· Maintains security of product and vehicle.
· On occasion, puts away stock, assists with warehouse duties, cleaning inside and outside of building.
· Occasionally drives the forklift or tow motor.
· Liaise with shipping supervisor any information to improve delivery process
· Executes all other duties required by the position and/or asked by the immediate supervisor.
§ Three (3) year experience as a Truck Driver in a customer service related
industry and loading /unloading experience
§ Clean abstract and CVOR a must
§ Ability to drive extensive highway miles and knowledge of GTA
§ Previous experience using Electronic Signature Capture devices an asset
Shift: Monday to Friday from 4:30am to approximately 1 pm. Longer hours may be required
Pay rate: 26.00 per hr
Information du contact
apply to [email protected]
For immediate consideration please contact Tess at 905 361-3987 ext 112