Description du poste
Our Client is the largest privately owned candle manufacturer in Canada, they offer a broad range of high quality home fragrance products to meet the diverse needs of retailers and wholesalers in the US, Canada and around the world. They are hiring full time associates for their facility in Mississauga
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team with strong leadership? Are you passionate about providing customer-focused solutions?
We are looking for a Batch Technician (Waxing) who is detail-oriented to become a part of our team and support the demands of our ever-growing business! As a Batch Technician (Waxing), you will be responsible for mixing the correct ingredients in accordance with customer specifications, maintaining the working area and following health and safety standards.
WHAT WE OFFER
1. Competitive Salary $17/hr
2. Health Benefits
3. Extended Health Care
4. Dental Care
You have a High School Diploma with 1 year of experience in manufacturing.
You bring basic math and critical reasoning skills.
You have the ability to follow health and safety training, work with various material-handling equipment, complete minor calculations and understand formulas. The role requires you to lift objects of up to 20 kg (45 lbs.) and walk or stand for long periods of time.
1. Detail Oriented
2. Health and Safety
4. Time Management
1. Weigh, measure and verify accuracy of ingredients to be added to the wax.
2. Mix pigments, additives and fragrances in the wax tank in accordance with work order.
3. Monitor pipeline and wax temperatures using tools such as gauges and adjust the steam temperature accordingly.
4. Clean tanks, purge lines, and production area to ensure no residue for changeover of lines.
5. Clean all tools and pails used in the processing of colour wax preparation.
6. Implement all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health and safety compliance.
7. Measure and record data associated with operating equipment.
8. Melt and brick scrap wax for future use.
9. Provide production, progress or changeover reports to shift supervisor.
10. Assist with other operations within the Colour Wax Production area.
This role operates in a production environment, employees are exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and fragrances.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care