Description du poste
Our Client is a well-established, and highly respected design-build General Contractor and Developer specializing in general contracting, sewer and water main. They’re seeking an Assistant Controller to join their team!
As a growing company, our client is looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within the organization. The candidate will report directly to the CFO and will become an integral part of the accounting/finance function, with ample room for growth.
- Direction of daily accounting operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Management
- Providing cost data and supporting information to project management and estimating team
- Review and maintain General Ledger and Job Cost accounts/sub ledgers, investigate unusual transactions or unexpected account balances
- Analysis to help formulate budgets and identify potential cost savings
- Assist with finance function for development based projects including monthly finance draw reports
- Prepare financial reports including, job cost, cash flow and profit projections
- Assist with preparation of year-end files, prepare working papers, reconciliations, respond to questions of external accountants
- Establish, coordinate and enforce project specific accounting procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement to increase efficiency and strengthen internal controls
The required qualifications for the assistant controller position:
- Must have a post-secondary degree
- CPA designation or pursuing
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience
- Must have a minimum of 2 years industry experience (construction is preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgement
- Must be able to multitask and be self motivated
- Must be someone who is organized with an attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Must have strong computer literacy, advanced Excel skills, working experience with Viewpoint
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!