Description du poste
Are you an experienced events coordinator with knowledge of the healthcare industry? If so, we want to meet you! We are currently searching for an Activities Coordinator or Manager to be part of our team of professionals. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Activities Coordinator is responsible for leading the day to day activities and programs for our residents to meet their physical, social and emotional needs.
- Plan, implement and evaluate a wide variety of recreational, social and leisure activities and program based on the needs and interests of residents;
- Promote resident independence and autonomy with the goal of maximizing engagement and satisfaction of residents;
- Prepare marketing material, develops monthly calendar and newsletter of events, effectively communicate events to residents and community stakeholders;
- Responsible for organizing, setting up and planning activities and events;
- Assist with purchasing equipment and supplies for resident activities, events and outings;
- Work collaboratively with management team to achieve common goals;
- Develop and maintain relationships with local schools, businesses and social organizations;
- Manage and establish an active network of volunteers and community resources;
- Prepare budget and continually monitor department expenses;
- Create a safe, positive recreational environment that contributes to the overall community setting;
- All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job descriptions.
- Minimum 3 years in an Activity Coordinator capacity, ideally in a retirement, long term care or health care environment;
- Successful completion of a certificate, diploma, or degree in recreation or gerontology or related field is preferred;
- Previous management experience with people and financial budgets;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to understand, accept and relate to people regardless of the physical, psychological or emotional state;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Effective communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate required
- Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!