Our client is a true leading manufacturer of integrated service solutions. Currently they are searching for a R&D Electronic Technician to join their team.
- Assist Engineers in the development of new products and improving existing ones
- Research and propose alternative designs and estimate product cost
- Redaction of Test procedures. Problem analysis with test reports
- Active participation in the design and test of new products. Electronics, mechanical and software
- Monitor progress against schedule and keep self on track
- Participate in new product development activities and service related issues as required
- Assist in initial concept development of new products.
- Stress tests on electronic products. Such as temperature cycling, high voltage surge withstand ability.
- Design tests Jigs
- As required, plan, perform and direct construction of prototypes
- Test and verify new designs
- Production support
- Work with outside Manufacturers and suppliers to support joint product development
- Industry standard tests
- Self-awareness of the operation and characteristics of a distributed cable network and optical network
- Technical support for customers and offshore manufacturers
- College (DEC) or bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years custom equipment design experience
- Proficiency working with 2D and 3D CAD software
- Proficient with the use Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in schematic reading with RF design experience
- Good knowledge of instruments such as; Digital Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, Vector Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Power meters, Surge voltage generators etc
- Surface mount soldering and disordering
- Proven ability in problem resolution, researching, and analyzing options and making recommendations
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, demonstrating high attention to detail, accuracy, and timelines for multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English/French languages (written, verbal)
- Previous demonstrated successful experience in the engineering field.
- Travel as required.
- Proficiency in simple C, C++ programming, an asset.
- Proficiency in simple PCB CAD drawing, an asset.
- Proficiency in simple Mechanical CAD drawing, an asset.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org