Our client is looking for a Sales Rep for New & Used Equipment for the Rive Nord (North Shore) territory in Quebec; Trois Rivieres-Havre St. Pierre-Lac St. Jean. Bilingualism is always an asset but francophone first for this territory. The Sales Representative is responsible for selling new and used equipment to existing customers within this territory. The Sales Representative sells material handling equipment and other products, or services.
- Achieves sales targets as determined by company
- Contacts current customers to sell new Toyota brand Class 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 material handling equipment
- Solicits new business within territory
- Performs a customer service function including initiating and follow-up with customers to resolve problems as it relates to invoicing, products or services
- Prepares and presents quotes and recommends products or services based on customer business needs
- Prepare and submit call reports and monthly sales reports – as required
- Creates and maintains sales activity on a regular basis in CRMD
- Maintains proper visibility/coverage within defined territory and reporting on such as required (i.e. lost order reporting)
Car allowance, gas card, RRSP match, employer paid benefits, training, etc.
This position requires the ability to travel to customer sites on a daily basis; a valid driver’s license is required.
Education & Work Experience
Post secondary or equivalent education proficiency and/or 1-3 year’s experience in an industrial sales position. Prior experience in the material handling industry or capital equipment sales would be an asset.
Competencies and Skills
- Proven ability to sell
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Well developed negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to write business correspondence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to be organized with respect to on-going calls/discussion for follow-up and record keeping
- Ability to initiate and maintain territorial activity via various methods of contact ie. phone, email, fax, mailer with short and long-term growth targets
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and customer personnel (president to operator)