Our client, a growing enterprise within the trucking and transportation industry, is currently searching for a seasoned dispatcher to work from their office located in Cote St-Luc. This position requires a candidate who is motivated, independent and able to lead a small team of 4.
- Manage the day to day operations which includes dispatching of a fleet of 50 tucks
- Oversee one junior dispatcher
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, environmental policies, or government regulations.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as hazardous material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement, or computer use.
- Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes.
- Serve as contact persons for all workers within assigned territories.
- Plan or implement energy saving changes to transportation services, such as reducing routes, optimizing capacities, employing alternate modes of transportation, or minimizing idling.
- Set operations policies and standards, including determining safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Minimum 4 years experience in dispatching and logistics
- Bilingualism in English and French
- Ability to work flexible hours
- At easy with new technology, computer savvy